blue

Sunday, February 9, 2014

On this day...


On this day in 1991…

A king married his queen creating a mighty kingdom.

Like all powerful couples, there were highs and lows. Over time, the lows became few, and the highs multiplied.

Over the span of eleven years, the king and queen expanded their kingdom.

Creating a lasting legacy.

The king led his kingdom with a large heart and a bigger faith. He provided for the ones he was responsible for. At every opportunity, life lessons were issued.

(NEVER trust a monkey!)

The queen was steady. She was a rock of comfort, support and love. She carried an iron fist in her back pocket.

(Most of the time in the form of a wooden spoon.)

Together they taught their kingdom how to live, prosper and grow. Together they supported the kingdom’s life journeys.

Together they were a team.

The king and queen on their day in 1991.

On this day, I can only think of how awesome my parents are. There is no way I could be writing a blog post in PERU, the night before I leave for Brazil, without my parents. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my parents.

Mother's Day 2012

Who else can say their parents sat calmly on the couch while their child laid it out there that they didn’t want to go to school any more? This past semester has been such a journey for the three of us. I didn’t want to disappoint my parents by “not liking” school and wanting to do missions. They didn’t want to squash my dream of missions, yet use their life experience to guide me.

I'm probably going to get beaten for posting this, but this is their relationship. Clowns.

I have never seen a better example of a Godly couple. They are a team. My mother honors the Father by honoring my father in submission. 
I’ve never really liked that word.

Submission.

It gives my independent heart the chills. For those of you who know me, well or otherwise, you know I like to be the boss. I like to be in charge.  HOWEVER, I can honestly say that as I’ve gotten older, I pray to be a wife like GMoney. I pray I can stand by a man and trust what he decides because he seeks the Lord’s face.

We were babies.
(Also one of my most favorite pictures of us.)

With that being said, I pray to find a man like my father. I pray that God blesses me with a diligent worker. A humble leader. A teaching father. A seeking son of the King. My father is the bomb dot com. He challenges his “people” spiritually, mentally, physically, athletically, and comically. In every way possible, he is a challenge.

They're adorable.

I can see the merging of my parents in me. I see things that GMoney has done in the past in my daily lifestyle. (Look at our fingernails side by side; it’s CRAZY!) When I notice them, I can’t help but smile. I notice past things that Padre has told me appearing randomly. When I notice those, I giggle and thank him. (I’m still waiting for the day where I have to walk away from a monkey because of trust issues.)

To get a text from him like this was the funniest thing ever. 

I have to thank them for praying through this Brazil application process with me. I have to thank them for trusting me (and the Lord) to go safely on this trip. I have to thank them, majorly, for the past instructions that have molded me into a woman honored to go as God’s messenger.

Always willing to help with homework. Always interesting times.

I have to thank them for the experiences I’ve had here in Peru. 
The people I’ve met. The places I’ve seen. The skills I’ve learned.

I love the happiness captured in this. 

My mind is over flowing with things from Lima, and it makes me sad because I can’t hold onto them long enough to type them out. I pray that when the time comes, the Lord will cue my memory, and I am able to recall on those skills.


Lord,
Thank You for GMoney and my Padre. Lord, thank You that Carter, Bailey, Ansley and I have parents who love and honor You. Father, thank You for the blessings that have flowed down, through them, to me. Thank You for trusting me with Your Good News. God, I pray I am bold. I pray I do not cower away from being used by You. Father, fill me with the Holy Spirit as I go to Brazil and try to minister to this unreached people group. Lord, I am so excited to see how You use my weaknesses to bring Your name glory. God, mold me into a woman during these five months You can be proud of.

Waiting for my flight,

Taylor Lea


I laughed when I saw this in some random magazine I picked up one day. 

I have NO clue I how I got this picture, but they're precious.

Add caption

I don't think there is a better picture to describe our family. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power 
and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

6 comments:

  1. What a loving and wonderful tribute to your parents! I am forever amazed at your thoughts! All my love... G Dot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and beautiful! Praying for you!
    Joy Sadler, your mom and dad's friend in Jacksonville, FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me, my friend! Praying for you!
    Much Love, Dar Dar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Says it all girlfriend! You are the Bomb to realize what an amazing two yo got! Happy anniversary to them and HAPPY TRAVELING to you!!Amanda crowe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet blessing to your mom & dad! Prayers are with you on your mission journey. Love, Linda Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they are amazing. But all one has to do to know this is meet you. You truly are a blessing. (Ready to be my daughter in law? LOL ) Praying for you sweetheart. Susan Bell

    ReplyDelete